Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back at the drawing board finally!

After a hiatus of almost two months I am back at the drawing board, finishing up two paintings, hopefully soon, and starting a third. I have a deadline of next June to finish twenty-five native orchid paintings for an exhibit up in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Since I won't be out in the woods anytime soon, and the orchid monitoring season is pretty much over for me, I might have enough time to meet that deadline! The CD is in the mail to the American Society of Botanical Artists for their 'Losing Paradise?" exhibit, next year, but it is very competitive and it is the first time I've submitted to them so my expectations aren't high. There are a couple of nice pieces on the CD tho and they plan to post all submissions on the web, so that is something to look forward to in any event!